Dr. Ahmed Abdullah is a cosmetic and reconstructive surgeon, certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He serves on the Ethics Committee of the North Dakota Medical Association and is a fellow of the International College of Surgeons, the American College of Surgeons, the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and the American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery.
In 1977, Dr. Abdullah attended Haverford College in Philadelphia on full scholarship. After graduating with honors in 1981, he attended medical school at Northwestern University in Chicago and completed his residency at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, where he trained under Drs. Martin Robson and John Heggers, internationally renowned plastic surgeons and researchers, whose work showed aloe to be widely beneficial to the skin. From them, Dr. Abdullah learned the pioneering act of applying pharmaceutical-grade aloe to skin flaps during surgery to encourage expedited healing, a practice he continues today with much success. Today, Dr. Abdullah is, himself, a recognized expert on the restorative and medicinal effects of aloe vera. In fact, his understanding of aloe’s ability to benefit the skin led him to develop Lexli®, the premier line of aloe-based skincare, available online and via salons, spas and physician offices.
Dr. Abdullah – through his work with patients and consumers, via the Lexli line – has proven that many common skin concerns can be avoided by optimizing skin health. Thus, he travels the world educating licensed skin care professionals and consumers alike about the proper ways to utilize aloe in skin care applications, the essential steps to ensuring the skin’s basic needs are met, and setting the record straight on prevalent skincare myths. Additionally, he touches on each of these topics in his book, Simple Skincare, Beautiful Skin: A Back-to-Basics Approach, which was released in 2012. Despite his schedule, he still sees patients regularly at his primary practice in Fargo, North Dakota.
Dr. Abdullah is an associate clinical professor in plastic surgery at the University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine and a member of the International Aloe Science Council (IASC) based in Dallas, Texas, for which he previously served on the board of directors.
- Board Certified in Plastic Surgery & General Surgery
- Owner, Plastic Surgery Institute PC, Fargo ND
- Owner, Lexli International, Fargo ND
- Owner and Medical Director, Abdullah Ambulatory Surgery Center, Fargo, ND
- Clinical Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery
- University of North Dakota School of Medicine, Grand Forks ND 1999-Present
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery University of North Dakota School of Medicine, Grand Forks ND 1994-1998
- Member, International Aloe Science Council, Dallas TX, 2003-Present
- Board of Directors, International Aloe Science Council, Dallas TX, 1998 – 2003
- Member, Board of Directors, Heartland Independent Provider Network, 1998-Present
- Staff Plastic Surgeon, Dakota Clinic Limited, Fargo ND, 1993-1995
- Consultant, Plastic Surgery, Dept. of Surgery, The Aga Khan University Medical School, Karachi, Pakistan, 1994-1995
- Flight Surgeon, North Dakota Air National Guard, 119th Fighter Squadron, Captain, 1995-1996
- Air Force Reserves, 1995-1999
- Member, Fargo Medical Mission to Haiti, 1998 to 2003
- Yun-Ho Lee Award of Scientific Merit 2002, International Aloe Science Council
- Corporate Achievers Award, 1999, National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Honors in Anatomy, Psychiatry & Anesthesia, 1985
- Laboratory Instructor in Biology, 1980-1981
- Graduated Cum Laude, 1981
- Captain, Varsity Cricket Team, 1980-1981
- Athletic Letters, 1980-1981
- Captain, School Track Team, 1975-1976
- Pakistan National High Jump Gold Medal, 1976
- Khalilullah Trophy in Biology, 1976
- Duke of Edinburgh Award, Silver Medal-1976
- Duke of Edinburgh Award, Bronze Medal-1975
- Kensett Medal-English Literature, 1975
- Cree Medal-Science, 1975